1. Vocal expression - Children develop their voices using song and rhymes.
2. Play instruments - Children learn to play a variety of tuned and untuned instruments.
3. Create and compose - Children learn to compose and perform melodies and songs.
4. Listen and understand - Children learn to listen to a wide range of appreciate a range of musical styles.
5. Listen and rehearse - Children learn to listen to a variety of sounds accurately sounds. Then they will reflect and improve their work.
6. Patterns - Children learn to develop an understanding and apply basic musical notation.
7. Music Over time - Children learn to develop an understanding of the history of music. Children will study a great composer to inspire their own composition.
We use a detailed skills progression document to plan and deliver music lessons. This ensures that all the musical skills are developed from Reception - Year 6.
Children sing a range of songs in the school choir. Children have an opportunity to perform in a variety of different situations.
Children are able to develop their skills throughout the year learning an instrument.
Each week we learn about different music in assembly - click here to find out about this term's music